Skip to main content

WHERE IS YOUR HOPE?

                     WHERE IS YOUR HOPE?

A sermon preached on the Easter Sunday, 21st April, 2019 by Rev. Fortune Nwaiwu

Can the dead live again? If so, this would give me hope through all my years of struggle, and I would eagerly await the release of death”− Job 14:14 NLT.

I preach from the angle of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ who was crucified. We see that there were many people in those days that had committed crimes and were supposed to die based on the Law of Moses (i.e. the man that committed adultery with the woman that was brought to Jesus that he saved) but no one sentenced them to death. But why is it that our Lord Jesus Christ, an innocent soul was crucified? He came to show us the way, to save us from the power of sin. In order to fulfil the scriptures, he was destined to die for us all, but his people did not know him. Out of hatred, he was killed− he was oppressed and treated harshly, and yet he did not say a word. He remained silent before his foes. But what sustained him even onto his death is his hope in God for resurrection.

In the days of his anguish occasioned by his terrible disease, Job became despondent and imagined how he would vanish from this earth. He thought that the end result of his sickness is death. He asked: ‘Can the dead live again?’ It was a question he asked to himself though it might be taken as a rhetorical question bulging with intense sorrow. But this question later became an anchor of his hope in God. Hear him: ‘If so, this would give me hope through all my years of struggle, and I would eagerly await the release of death’− Job 14:14

Hope is a confidence and a form of expectation someone has. And such an expectation is what brings courage to someone. Job’s expectation is that he would rise again. As Christians, there is only one thing that keeps us moving ahead, enduring many things here on earth which is hope. We hope that even if we die, we will live again. Therefore let your hope be in Christ. In him, he will remove the cloud of gloom, the shadow of death that hangs over the earth. He will swallow up death forever! The Sovereign LORD will wipe away all tears. He will remove forever all insults and mockery against his land and people says the LORD (Isa. 25:7-8 NLT).
Death is the worst instrument of Satan that he uses to terrorize the whole earth. Many fear to die but Christ was humble even unto his death. Soldiers guarded his tomb with the aim of stopping his resurrection, but could not because no one can ever stop whatever God has designed to be. If you are here with no hope of resurrection, you are not for Christ. Do the right thing you ought to do at the right time and hope in him, then everything about you that have fallen will rise again, your business will rise, your family will rise, and you will rise beyond human destruction.

What is that that has fallen in your life? Is there any part of your body that is dead? Or have you lost some beloved ones? Or are you hopeless right now because of injurious things of nature or circumstances? Hear our God speaking to you right now: … I am ready to set things right, not in the distant future, but right now! (Isa. 46:13). Can you meditate on this verse? Whatever that is giving you a false hope God has come to right it, to give you hope of survival, prosperity and eternal life. 

Let’s sing and meditate on this hymn, S.S &S 902

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
May God bless you all, sanctify you and give your soul a living hope. Amen.

If this sermon has impacted something meaningful in your life, and you wish to make a free will donation to sponsor my education and to publish this sermon and others, please you can do that via

My account Number 0009391614, account type (current), Bank name: Stanbic IBTC, Account name: Fortune Nwaiwu. Please when you do that, text me a message including your name through +2348034367982 I will pray for you for seven days fasting and you will be liberated beyond reproach. You can also find a place here to make a comment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEP NO MORE

₦Sermon 54 YOU SHALL WEEP NO MORE “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be more pain for the former things are passed away” —Rev. 21:4 KJV                                                                                                                            Texts: Rev. 21:1-5 Weeping entails the groaning of the inner being which may burst out to crying and shedding of painful and sorrowful tears. This comes to play when someone is emotionally distressed and frustrated because of the terrors, harrows and colossal tragedies that would beset a man. Basically, people at times...

ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR CALLING?

₦sermon 4 (A Sermon Preached by Rev. Fortune Emerence Chinemerem Nwaiwu) “I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!” —Psalm 139:7 NLT.    Texts: Jonah 1-4 Brethren, I want to tell you that we have been called by God to effectively carry out our ministerial duties. His calling is patently inescapable. Thus, we can never run away from it. I was once working with Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) under the programme “NTAC” around 2010. Though I was sent to one lucrative Obiye Secondary School that pays well, I was receiving from the school and from the NDDC. By then, I had a call to serve my God but I was delaying. One certain time, my mind grew bitterly and I told some of my co-workers that I would not work again and they should not tell the owner of the school because she would not allow me to leave. I packed all my things and went back home. What happened next? I was arrested. God arrested me and that is how I started th...

WHAT IS IN YOUR BAG?

₦sermon 2 (A Sermon Preached by Rev. Fortune Emerence Chinemerem Nwaiwu)   “Deceit is in the heart of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have peace”—Proverbs 12:20 Brethren, I want to begin my sermon this very moment by asking you “what is in your bag? Actually, the bag is a metaphor for human heart where every thought is being harboured. The bag is not a visible item. Though, we may say literally that a bag is a carrier of our vital items. At times, some unnecessary items may be put in it and when the owner later on realizes that they are of no use occupying the space in his/her bag, she takes them out. Thus, human heart is a carrier of human ideas, feelings, thoughts and emotion. There’re some human hearts that are full of evil and wickedness. This kind of hearts always plot evil to kill and always live in enmity with neighbours without a cause while the good heart is full of love, joy and live in peace with neighbours. Our hearts are deceitful; we neither...